Tips for Preventing the Spread of Flu
More information can be found on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website https://www.cdc.gov/flu/prevent/index.html
- Avoid close contact with others who are sick or are beginning to display symptoms
- Stay home if you feel sick and see a doctor as soon as possible
- Fever of 100.4 must remain home and stay home for at least 24 hours without the use of fever reducing medication
- Cover your mouth and nose with tissues when coughing or sneezing
- Wash your hands thoroughly and frequently with soap to kill and avoid spreading germs
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth as germs and bacteria can enter this way and cause illness.
- Get your flu vaccine
- Please notify your campus nurse if your student has been diagnosed by a physician with the flu.